Subject: Disabled interrupts blocks or ignores?
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 01/14/1995 02:56:31

I've played round a bit with remapping of EXTER interrupts and have
noticed that I sometimes lose interrupts.  Is it so that when
INTF_EXTER is cleared in the mask, EXTER interrupts are *not* blocked,
but rather ignored?  If so that explains what I am seeing.  My
proposol of fixing this is to set a watchdog interrupt triggered by
VBL to generate an EXTER interrupt if one haven't been seen since the
last time around.  That ought to fix any lost interrupt conditions,

Mainly, I wonder if interrupts are blocked or ignored when the
corresponding bits in INTENA is cleared.  Well?

PS. Please answer ASAP, I want to release a new ISA package so it can
    be tested in the Karlsruhe meeting and I need this info.