Subject: Re: some diffs to 1.0-current / 1.0 (probably as well)
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@water.emich.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 01/12/1995 17:39:50
> Chris D> I've looked at the problem (twice in fact), and did not find
> Chris D> an 'easy' or 'nice' solution either time...
>
> How about generating makedev(x, y * MAXPARTITIONS + z) in swapnetbsd.c
> instead of precalculating the 2nd arg?  I mean MAXPARTITIONS literally
> here, not the value of the system config.new is built upon.  Then when
> compiling the kernel, the target machine MAXPARTITIONS will be used,
> just like it should be.

This is from memory:

Basically the problem was that the numbers are calculated early and then
stored and manipulated that way all over the place.  For 1.0 I basically
took the number, un-"manipulated" it and then generated something similar
to the above.  It was a hack but we needed a quick fix.

Chris.