Subject: Re: some diffs to 1.0-current / 1.0 (probably as well)
To: None <niklas@appli.se>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 01/04/1995 04:24:07
>>>>> "Niklas" == Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se> writes:

Niklas> But... the root partition still fails to mount :-)

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh!!

It was config.new that was busted!  In my config.new/sem.c there are
uses of the constant "8" instead of MAXPARTITIONS.  When I found this
and changed it everything worked OK!  I wonder if this is fixed in
-current?  I'm still at 941225 sources.

What I'm really satisfied with is that my GG2-connected ethernet seems
to have improved stability with the the interrupt remapping code.
I'll probably release a new ISA-kit after the weekend (I'll be
travelling without net-connectivity until Monday).  One thing I
thought about:  Is it really necessary to schedule an AUD3 int?
Wouldn't it just suffice to block INTF_EXTER, pop the saved a0, keep
the interrupt frame we have and lower the PSL directly instead.  A
slight optimization, but it also makes things simpler in the source.
I also like to start a discussion on how a new interrupt handling
system should look like.  Many of us have been aware that we need a
registration possibility, but Markus' changes also shows of the
interrupt remapping potential, could we make this somewhat more
flexible to use at a driver level?  Suppose, we still want some INT6
device preempt the serial interface, but lower most other INT6
devices.  Think about it, I will.  I may volunteer to write something,
but I would like a consensus on what needs to be done.

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden