Subject: Re: nfs-server
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 01/01/1995 14:33:04
On Dec 31,  2:22pm, wrote:
> > Are you compiling with the netbsd supplied gcc?  I am unfamilar with the
> > bug[s] that were found earlier (shortly before 1.0), but I seem to
> > remember them causing large amounts of 0's when using nfs.
> No, was compiling with my own 2.5.8 (crosscompile from sparc:-)), I'll
> remake the kernel on the amiga with the system gcc. Funny that this would
> be the only location where the bug hits... Thanks for the hint!

  I had this problem at the time, and after I found out it was a bug in
gcc, I was able to track down the particular code in nfs_server that got
hit.  I was able to work around the bug by rewriting the code.   That
was much easier than trying to figure out code-generation problems in
gcc.  Fortunately, someone was able to figure out the problem in gcc
and correct it.

Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:
Computer Consultant
Office of Systems and Computing Services