Subject: Re: NetBSD 0.9 binary compatibility in 1.0?
To: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Chris A. Mattingly <Chris_Mattingly@ncsu.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/18/1994 13:53:54
> > To my knowledge gdb can be used to inspect core dumps but not to
> > run anything (set breakpoints, singlestep, etc.) in 1.0. That
> > really sets some limitations to 1.0 usage (for me at least).
>
> If I could only sniff a core dump I'd be happy.
>
> GDB reports "file is not a core file", using a 1.0A kernel.
>
> I've FTPed the GDB source from GNU, but ./configure m68k-cbm-bsd doesn't
> work.  What's the accepted machine description (configure was unable
> to find one by default).

The GNU stuff seems to like:

amiga-unknown-netbsd1.0A

This is what everything from GNU has spit back in my face.  Now here's
the trick question... who else made amigas?  No one to my knowlege. So why
do they have unknown in there?  Who knows.

See if that works for ya... (and it is usually better to just use ./configure
and if it can't figure out for itself.  If it can't you're gonna have to do
some tweeking.)

-Chris

--
Chris Mattingly       | My views are not necessarily those of my employers
camattin@eos.ncsu.edu | Yes, this is a boring sig.  Bite me. :)