Subject: Re: 1.0 Release
To: None <chammer@HRZ.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/08/1994 12:02:59

> Hi,
> Thank you all for the work, it works nice.Only
> 	- I still get this annoying key repeat error...
> 	  this means when accessing a scsi device and at the same
> 	  time typing something in the keyboard sometimes a key
>  	  repeats without pressing it. Is this a X-problem or the
> 	  buggy scsi driver?

Even worse is when a key like alt, control or shift thinks it
is still being pressed.
I have a GVP seriesII scsi controller and I used to get this
*alot*.  I noticed that it was using chipmem for my bounce
buffer instead of 16bit ram (this gets printed during the system
startup).  Since I forced it to use my 16bit ram as a bounce
buffer I've seen this problem *alot* less.  Very rarely in fact.
(How did I patch it?  I patched loadbsd to make sure the 16bit ram
was tagged as 24 bit dmaable memory).

> 	- /etc/man.config has his opinion where the X11R6 distribution
> 	  has to be and everytime someone puts a X11R6 dist somewhere
> 	  to download it is at another location(The X11R6 dist on
> 	  ftp.uni-regensburg.de is aimed at /usr/local). Shouldnt we
> 	  all do this equal? Of course its not a big problem...

just about everything in /etc is an example config.  "This is an
example of how you could setup your system."  You probably want
to edit most of the files in this directory, and save them across
updates.