Subject: RE: GREAT
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Greene <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/08/1994 11:38:00
> >  Just popped in to tell you that the entire (!) sources of the distribution
> > package for NetBSD 1.0 compiled straight forward and no problem occured,
> > I am really impressed! Thanks a lot to the core team.
> that's a good thing; the people in charge of each port (i.e. Chris
> Hopps, for the amiga) were supposed to build their distributions
> directly from the 1.0 sources...  8-)
> chris

I'm also impressed, I just compiled my kernel with select options for my
A2000... with no problems. I just have a couple questions:

1. When will it support write to Amiga disks? I didn't realize that the
   new kernel wasn't used unless I had it on the Amiga to loadbsd it. I
   tried the 'mknod /dev/reboot c 2 20    cp netbsd /dev/reboot' without
   luck. I had to use BFFS on a Syquest 44meg to transfer the kernel.

2. I have read that the current has a non-continuous memory patch, when
   will this be released as a 1.0 patch?

 Michael Greene <>
                PGP Key available by request.

... Contents may have settled during shipping.
 * Q-Blue 1.0 *