Subject: Re: Terminal type of su
To: None <amiga-dev@netbsd.org>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/08/1994 09:53:31
> > #options		"COMPAT_09"	# compatability with older NetBSD release
> > options		"COMPAT_10"	# compatability with older NetBSD release
> ^^^ I don't believe you should be doing this.. especially if you are
> compiling a 1.0 kernel.  COMPAT_10 is for 1.0A kernels,

options COMPAT_10 is in the GENERIC config, commented as "compatibility
with older NetBSD release".  I assumed it is a good thing to be
compatible with oneself.

> > #options		"COMPAT_43"	# 4.3 BSD compatible system calls
> Hmm.. I hve never commented this out.

Given that I have updated binaries to "1.0 release", I should not need this
anymore.  No?

> > #options		"TCP_COMPAT_42"	# Use 4.2 BSD style TCP
> Nor this.

It's about bloody time that people starting doing IP as per spec.  Is Sun
still brain0-damaged about this?  Maybe that explains the rlogin problem.
Still, if we don't break things now, how will we ever encourage standards
compliance?

> > config	netbsd root on sd0 swap on sd0
> Umm, don't you have to specify the partition too?  root on sd0a swap on
> sd0b?

Hey - the damn thing boots.  This has always worked for me.  Maybe it assumes
a for root and b for swap.

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key