Subject: Re: Are there any Xamiga sources for X11R6?
To: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/06/1994 12:28:17
On Sep 10, 12:08pm, "Eduardo E. Horvath  eeh@btr.com" wrote:
> I finally have enough disk space to continue working on my X server.  I
> noticed that there do not seem to be any patches for X11R6 on
> uni-regensburg.  Has anybody put together an R6 Xamiga server yet?  Are
> those sources and the Retina (or any other card) sources available?  I'd
> prefer to get a working version rather than do it all myself.

 There are patches for the R6 distribution availale there. Regarding the
X server you should have a look at Xamiga24 and the sources: hw-amiga,
both in the experimentav directory.

 Before you reinvent the wheel, please have in mind that a universal
server for any grfx device is very likely what we need for general purpose.

 Xamiga24 works great on ECS, Retina, cirrus-based boards.

 Also the Xamiga which comes with the R6 binary distribution is made
available with sources as far as i know.

--
Markus Illenseer