Subject: Re: questions...
To: None <Chris_Mattingly@ncsu.edu>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/03/1994 20:08:15
> When libc.so.12.0 got done, anything I tried to run that was dynamically
> linked would complain about '_semsys' being undefined.
>
> What is this semsys?  I found the .c files that called it, and simply
> changed the 'return (semsys(blah blah));' with just a return(0)
> and all is almost alright.

that's odd.  semsys() was an internally-used function that was
recently removed.  no user programs should have used it directly
(instead, they should have been using stub functions that called it),
and there should be no functions remaining in libc which use it (i.e.
those stub functions have now been replaced with ones that work
differently).

_all_ dynamically linked programs complain about it?!  could you find
out what objects in your libc use it, and tell me which they are?

thanks,

chris