Subject: console and terminal questions
To: None <amiga-dev@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <kamar@ease.Rhein-Main.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 10/23/1994 01:08:48
Looking at the sources (15-oct-94) for the first time, I have got
some questions:

  Why is the console in /etc/ttys marked 'off' ? Instead, ttye0 is used.

  I played a bit with loadkmap (/usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/stand/loadkmap).
  Why are the BS and DEL keys swapped ? This is annoying and i could
  not find any reason for this.
  Furthermore the default ascii keymap (din-map as well) is missing ani
  entry for the keypad '+' key. Therefore, the 'HELP' key didn't work
  correct, too.
  Btw. where am I supposed to send changes of common interest ?
  maybe C. Hopps ?

  The ufs filesystem seems to work with non-ASCII characters,
  especially umlauts. Unfortunately, the console cannot display them,
  although i can type them. Is this a font problem ? or is there any
  esc-sequence to change this behaviour ? A first glance over ite.c
  seems to indicate that, but i could not figure out, how to do it.

  The keypad doesn't work within a vi session. Any hints, how to change
  this ?

hoping for answers... Klaus

PS: I'm running a kernel made of the 941015 sources (tar balls) with
    prerelease2 binaries in an a3000/25

--

Klaus Heinz, Goethestr. 22 \ kamar@ease.Rhein-Main.DE \ Kamar@IRC
55218 Ingelheim, Germany    \ heinz@igd.fhg.de