Subject: Re: seriesII scsi, dma
To: Tim Newsham <newsham@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 10/22/1994 07:53:45
On Oct 21,  6:59pm, Tim Newsham wrote:
> Ok.  So I figure I'll force my memory to be 24BITDMA.  In
> loadbsd I set the 24BITDMA flag manually for the segment
> 0x200000 - 0x5fffff.   I can boot NetBSD fine with this
> setup, everything seems to work.  Now the bounce buffer appears
> at 0xd6c000.  What confuses me is that this address isnt in
> any of my memory segments!

  How old is your source?  There was a small bug in printing out the
physical address of the bounce buffer.  It was using the macro to
compute the physical address of a Zorro II I/O address, which is not
correct for a Zorro II memory address.  That should have been fixed
in the current source (October 6 is the last change date in my copy
of gtsc.c).

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu