Subject: Re: ethernet problems
To: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 09/06/1994 23:00:56
On Sep 6,  3:55pm, David Jones wrote:
> Subject: Re: ethernet problems
> >  /etc/resolv.conf is empty
>
> Empty, or non-existent?

 No matter. Normally non-existent.

> >  /etc/hostname.le0:
> >  inet 233.100.1.1 255.255.255.0
>
> Isn't this a class-D address, reserved for multicast?

 255.255.255.0 is for netmask i thought.

 233.100.1.1 is a fictive address for my very own network. Could be
altered to anything else of course.

 Can anyone provide a _valid_ hostname.le0 entry please?

> >  BTW, what are the devices tun0 and eon0 for?
>
> tun0 is a "tunnel device" used somehow for tunneling network protocols through
> other protocols.  If someone can point me to the source code, I can look
> at eon0.

 The GENERIC kernel i use has both configured. I can even access eon0 - but
what is it? .-)

 I feel desperate :-/
 Any ideas how to debug this problem? netstat is no big help.

--
Markus Illenseer