Subject: ethernet problems
To: None <>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 09/06/1994 18:49:55
 I still have some annoying problems with ethernet where i want
your advice.

 (All works fine under ADOS using AmiTCP, so no hardware problem)

 Kernel is most recent GENERIC from
 Ethernet card is A2065 which is found and configured as le0.

 named is not running.
 inetd is running.

 /etc/resolv.conf is empty

 /etc/hosts: tiger mammoth

 ifconfig le0 shows:
         inet netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast
 lo0: flags=8009<UP,LOOPBACK,MULITCAST>
         inet netmask 0xff000000

 netstat -ra:
Destination       Gateway          Flags    Refs     Use    Interface
localhost         localhost        UH         2      24     lo0
233.100.1         link#1           UC         0       0     le0
tiger             localhost        UGHS       0      65     lo0

 ls -s `which ifconfig`:
  1 bin bin 91920 Jul 9 13:30 /sbin/ifconfig

I cannot ping 'tiger' nor I can't ping anything on the ethernet.
I only can ping localhost.

What is that SIMPLEX output in ifconfig for? Never seen before.
What is that link#1 output in netstat -ra? Never seen before.

 IP works fine when i use PPP.

What am i missing? I thought i was somehow familar with TCP/IP, but this makes
me feel helpless... Old ifconfig?

 BTW, what are the devices tun0 and eon0 for?

Markus Illenseer