Subject: Re: Problem reports?
To: None <chopps@emunix.emich.edu>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 08/29/1994 20:28:08
On Mon, 29 Aug 1994 chopps@emunix.emich.edu wrote:

> Can I see a show of hands from people that are having problems
> with the current release?  I recall seeing posts about
> system hangs with heavy disk activety.  Can people seeing
> this please report your system configuration (i.e. dmesg)
>
> Also is it possible that you are running out of swap?  If
> so can you run `pstat -s' as a background task while doing
> whatever it is (this would be good to know too) that hangs
> your system.
>
> Regarding the A2091 in a A4000 problems.  Is anyone out there
> using an A2091 in a A2000?  If so are you seeing problems?
>
> I haven't made changes to these subsystems in a while that
> would cause any of these problems so its hard to figure
> out what the problem is.
>
> I need more info.
>
> Chris.

I'm running with an A2019 in a 2500 (A2630).  I am getting some spontaneous
system hangs, reboots, and all around flaky behavior, but only while doing
heavy compiles.  I have seen no evidence tat I'm running out of swap.  I have
~40MB swap and 4MB RAM, and even under the heaviest usage I have not seen any
more than about 10MB swap in use.  I think there's something flakey in
there, but I can't find anything repeatable.

Eduardo