Subject: None
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Tim Newsham <newsham@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 08/13/1994 16:19:06
I found out what my PPP problems where.  It appears the serial
line cant keep up with large packets at 14.4 on my computer.
I noticed this while downloading files with rz.  I would get
errors very periodically.  I lowered the speed to 9.6 and
everything worked ok.  In ppp I tried ping -s <size> pearl
where pearl is my gateway.  The biggest packet that I could get
through is 890 bytes (counting the IP/ICMP header).  After
890 bytes all packets are dropped.  When I set the MRU
to 890 everything works fine but slow.  I am using hardware
flow-control btw...

Someone else mentioned problems with the serial line but
I dont remember the exact details.  Is anyong currently
going through the serial code?

                             Tim N.