Subject: Re: installing 1.0
To: Tim Newsham <newsham@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 08/11/1994 20:21:28
On Aug 11,  9:21am, Tim Newsham wrote:
>   cant do mount -t adosfs,  have to run mount_ados manually.  It reports
> that there is no /usr/sbin/mount_ados .. I thought this stuff resides
> in /sbin not /usr/sbin (??)

  Well, of course it can't find it:  mount -t adosfs wants to run
mount_adosfs, not mount_ados.  Try mount -t ados...

>   something happened to my root partition at somepoint that made the
> system panic whenever I made a directory on that partition.  I dont know
> how it happened but it would panic when I made /altroot/altroot from
> tar or manually with:
>
>    mode = 40755, inum = 512, fs = /altroot
>    panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc

  This usually indicates that your file system was not unmounted cleanly
at some point, so the file system is confused.  You probably need to run
fsck on it ASAP.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu