Subject: installing 1.0
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Tim Newsham <newsham@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 08/11/1994 09:21:19
Some things I ran across when installing the 1.0 stuff...

  black bar down the middle of the screen at times.  I thought this
was already fixed.

  cant do mount -t adosfs,  have to run mount_ados manually.  It reports
that there is no /usr/sbin/mount_ados .. I thought this stuff resides
in /sbin not /usr/sbin (??)

  something happened to my root partition at somepoint that made the
system panic whenever I made a directory on that partition.  I dont know
how it happened but it would panic when I made /altroot/altroot from
tar or manually with:

   mode = 40755, inum = 512, fs = /altroot
   panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc

I didnt investigate this any further.