Subject: ADOSFS
To: NetBSD-Dev <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Tobias Abt <zcjc1121@rpool1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 08/08/1994 15:30:15
This weekend, I tried to copy large files from an AmigaDOS
partition to a NetBSD partition under NetBSD. The speed is
very, very, very bad! :-(((
The adosfs seems to seek through the whole file whenever
a block is read. You can hear the drive stepping around and
then there is a short write to the other drive with the
NetBSD partition and afterwards the source drive is seeking
again and so on... :-(((
After half an hour I stopped the copying. To that time just
12MB of a 20MB file were copied. So I rebooted to AmigaDOS,
wrote that stuff to my DAT and restored the DAT under NetBSD.
This method was many times faster... which IMHO it shouldn't be!

Is this about to be fixed? At the moment, the adosfs is barely
usable.

Bye,                    \|/
  Tobias                @ @
| Tobias Abt                                  |
| email: zcjc1121@rpool1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de |
|   irc: tabt@#AmigaGer                       |