Subject: Re: My $0.02 (floptical)
To: Dale Rahn <drahn@pacific.urbana.mcd.mot.com>
From: Alan Bair <abair@amcu-tx.sps.mot.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 08/03/1994 17:49:32
On Aug 3,  5:25pm, Dale Rahn wrote:
> Subject: Re: My $0.02 (floptical)
> >
> > I have an Insite floptical.  If I boot NetBSD without a disk in the
> > floptical drive, then he kernel will not even recognize the device.
> >

> This is not right. I have a floptical mounted in my NetBSD/i386 box
> (next to my NetBSD/amiga) and it always recognizes the floptical
> and assigns it the next available id (1 for me).
> I get a couple of errors during boot that it cannot find the size
> of sd1 (the floptical) but It is still recognized and available.
> I may try to take the floptical out and put it on my amiga tonight to
> check this. (i am running -current about 072994 on the amiga)

I have a SyQuest connected to my Amiga and if there is no disk inserted, it
will recognize it, but as Dale says, it cannot find the size information. So
it puts out a message and sets some default values. I have not tried to then
insert a cartridge, being afraid it could damage the data with the strange
size values it set.

--
Alan Bair             		MCTG AMCU DSCS
Motorola, Inc.            	(Design Software &