Subject: Re: sd7-9
To: None <>
From: Dale Rahn <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 08/03/1994 17:25:26
> I have an Insite floptical.  If I boot NetBSD without a disk in the
> floptical drive, then he kernel will not even recognize the device.

This is not right. I have a floptical mounted in my NetBSD/i386 box
(next to my NetBSD/amiga) and it always recognizes the floptical
and assigns it the next available id (1 for me).
I get a couple of errors during boot that it cannot find the size
of sd1 (the floptical) but It is still recognized and available.
I may try to take the floptical out and put it on my amiga tonight to
check this. (i am running -current about 072994 on the amiga)

> At the moment, the floptical is sd2, and my hard drives are sd5 and sd6.
> Under the new assignment scheme, I must either always boot with a floppy
> inserted, or never do.  Since I use the floptical for file transfer,
> I will always have to have a disk in there.
Are you able to write to the floptical?  I have one of the nasty
versions which reset to read-only. I have a program to change it
to read-write on the amiga, and used to have something for my NetBSD/i386
box, but recent (last three months or so) changes to the scsi subsystem
make my changes unmergeable. Thus I have not been able to write
to the floptical for some time.

Dale Rahn, Languages and Tools
Motorola, MCG, Urbana Design Center
1101 E. University Ave, Urbana, IL 61801		  (217) 384-8585