Subject: sd7-9.. end of thread.
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: William J Coldwell <billc@icecube.cryogenic.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 08/03/1994 14:23:32
Look, before this turns into some nasty off_t discussion, I would like to
point out some things.

* - Don't like it?  Compile your own kernel.
* - Don't like it?  Compile your own kernel.

I need a way that makes 1st time installation easy.  If you already have it
running, then you can get the source and compile your own kernel any way you
want.  We need to concentrate on remaining with the views and directions of
the main tree of NetBSD (this obviously caused a problem earlier with doing
this type of thing).

Also, bitching Chris out about these types of decisions does very little good
for his motivation to keep doing this.  I suggest that all of us tread
lightly, otherwise, we'll lose yet another valuable resource.

[soapbox]
Finally, let me point out that this is a really trivial complaint... does it
make your machine stop working?  Green smoke come waifing out?  Does booting
the kernel format your harddrives by accident?  No.  So you have to edit an
fstab... woooo, that's _hard_.  Realize that we are the pioneers.. we already
_KNOW_ how to do all of this..  In about a month, this list is going to
explode as NetBSD-Amiga proliferates...  I don't want 400 messages of "ARGH,
I newfs'd my ADOS partitions!".  Oops, I'm off on a tangent.. sorry.
[rm -r soapbox]

--
 William J. Coldwell - billc@iceCuBE.cryogenic.com - Cryogenic Software