Subject: My $0.02
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 08/03/1994 17:05:56
I have an Insite floptical.  If I boot NetBSD without a disk in the
floptical drive, then he kernel will not even recognize the device.

At the moment, the floptical is sd2, and my hard drives are sd5 and sd6.
Under the new assignment scheme, I must either always boot with a floppy
inserted, or never do.  Since I use the floptical for file transfer,
I will always have to have a disk in there.

Before upgrading, I will change the floptical to sd6, and my hard drives
to sd0 and sd1.  That will minimize the problem.

However, I plan to test-install the 1.0 release on sd6, keeping my
AmigaOS and old BSD stuff on sd5.  I have yet to figure out which order
things will go in when I do this.

Just my $0.02.

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key