Subject: None
To: <>
From: Chris Hopps <chopps@emunix.emich.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/31/1994 14:50:17
I just removed the hardcoding of targets to sd unit numbers.  I decided
I did not want to live with this mistake through release.

Basically this means that GENERIC will configure your sd drives like so:

say your system has 3 drives, targets 0,3,4 these will now show up as
sd0 (target 0), sd1 (target 3) and sd2 (target 4).  If you run GENERIC
you to change your fstab after upgrading to a newer kernel.

These changes haven't yet made it into the release branch though and the
kernel on lamp is still using the old way.  The next one (hopefully) won't
though.

Chris.