Subject: Re: ADOSFS
To: NetBSD-Dev <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: William J Coldwell <billc@icecube.cryogenic.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/29/1994 00:53:46

Like an idiot, I said:
>This is not true.  I have multiple partitions that are not 512 byte ADOS
>filesystem format.

I was wrong.. so very wrong.  Chris looked through the code tonight, and did
indeed find that if you have an ADOS partition that != 512 byte blocks, it
will not mount it properly.  This will most likely not make it into the 1.0
release either.  The good part is that it doesn't affect most people, the bad
part is that those who are affected have no solution.

>>So, the setting in the RDB for that partition (not the RDSK but the
>>PART) has to be looked at. I didn't have the time yet to look into
>>the sources but I hope this is not too hard to achieve. If I get my own
>>kernel compiled, I may have a look at it on my own.

>What I believe is the problem, is that there is a rounding difference
>between what the ADOS filesystem thinks your DOS root block is, and what
>ADOSFS thinks it is.  I have 2 partitions that will not mount correctly
>(giving me a checksum error under NBSD), that work perfectly under ADOS.

It is hard to acheive, which is why it probably won't make it in the release
:-(.

--
 William J. Coldwell - billc@iceCuBE.cryogenic.com - Cryogenic Software