Subject: Re: ADOSFS
To: Tobias Abt <zcjc1121@rpool1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de>
From: William J Coldwell <billc@icecube.cryogenic.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/27/1994 22:40:39
>Just one little bug that I have encountered:
>if you try to mount an ADos partition which has been set to something
>else but 512 bytes per block, the filesystem will not be visible.

This is not true.  I have multiple partitions that are not 512 byte ADOS
filesystem format.

>So, the setting in the RDB for that partition (not the RDSK but the
>PART) has to be looked at. I didn't have the time yet to look into
>the sources but I hope this is not too hard to achieve. If I get my own
>kernel compiled, I may have a look at it on my own.

What I believe is the problem, is that there is a rounding difference between
what the ADOS filesystem thinks your DOS root block is, and what ADOSFS
thinks it is.  I have 2 partitions that will not mount correctly (giving me a
checksum error under NBSD), that work perfectly under ADOS.

One more! :-)
>Why does df say that there are only two blocks on the ADos-partition?

Because right now, it's read-only.

--
 William J. Coldwell - billc@iceCuBE.cryogenic.com - Cryogenic Software