Subject: How does NetBSD search disks?
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/21/1994 15:16:28
I have a Maxtor 340MB disk with BSDR, BSDS and BSDD partitions.

Once 1.0 becomes stable and I have time, I'd like to test-install NetBSD
on a spare Quantum 105S before nuking the existing stuff on the Maxtor.
I plan to use the proper NBR\7, NBS\1 and NBU\7 partition IDs when I
prepare the Quantum.

What do I need to do to ensure that the Maxtor's partitions are not accessed
by my test install?  Unplugging the Maxtor would work, except that the 100M
ADOS partition on it is likely to be useful during the install process :-)

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key