Subject: Re: status
To: None <>
From: Ty Sarna <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/18/1994 19:06:03
In article <> writes:
> Are there any Amiga specific bugs that must be handled before 1.0 Beta?  My
> understanding is that they must have to deal with : kernel compilation,
> kernel crashes and hangs, and machine-dependent release-preparation stuff.

I just found a nasty bug...  reading the character special device for a
cdrom hangs my system with the famous old "dmanext at end!" message,
which has otherwise disapeared.  I have the new SuperDMAC (-04 I think),
which seems to be the trigger for the problem. I don't grok the sbic
code enough to be able to track it down myself :-(

Also, I suggest the "dmanext at end!" message be converted to a panic.
It's invariably fatal anyway, and at least having the system panic
allows for automated reboots instead of hangs, or for debugging with DDB
if it's enabled.

Ty Sarna	     		"If at first you don't succeed...    		 ...don't try skydiving!!!