Subject: Re: status
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/18/1994 19:06:03
In article <9407181733.AA01501@icecube.cryogenic.com> billc@iceCuBE.cryogenic.com writes:
> Are there any Amiga specific bugs that must be handled before 1.0 Beta?  My
> understanding is that they must have to deal with : kernel compilation,
> kernel crashes and hangs, and machine-dependent release-preparation stuff.

I just found a nasty bug...  reading the character special device for a
cdrom hangs my system with the famous old "dmanext at end!" message,
which has otherwise disapeared.  I have the new SuperDMAC (-04 I think),
which seems to be the trigger for the problem. I don't grok the sbic
code enough to be able to track it down myself :-(

Also, I suggest the "dmanext at end!" message be converted to a panic.
It's invariably fatal anyway, and at least having the system panic
allows for automated reboots instead of hangs, or for debugging with DDB
if it's enabled.

--
Ty Sarna	     		"If at first you don't succeed...
tsarna@endicor.com    		 ...don't try skydiving!!!