Subject: Re: Watch out for lseek and stat struct st_size fields!
To: None <mw@eunet.ch>
From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/14/1994 14:41:05
> Sorry but I can't stop getting the
> impression you two feel some sort of missionary "task" to convert the
> whole uncivilized world to The Right Thing, in this case a truely
> POSIX compatible, 64bit OS.

Sorry, Markus, but I can't stop getting the impression that you feel
some sort of missionary "task" to keep the whole civilized world in
the dark ages.

:-)

This change is worthwhile, for the reasons stated, and also if you own
a Seagate 9G disk. If you're too lazy to make sure that your code
calls lseek() correct (and for PD code, send those fixes to the
authors, because such code won't work on an alpha or other 64-bit
processors either) -- you can consider us too lazy to put in a
backwards compatibility hack that requires a completely seperately
compiled kernel and userland.

Besides all the hoopla about how this change breaks everything, note
that SunOS binaries still continue to run.