Subject: Re: Watch out for lseek and stat struct st_size fields!
To: None <rhealey@aggregate.com>
From: None <mw@eunet.ch>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/14/1994 09:33:05
Well Rob and Chris..

you both gave more or less convincing arguments why one might want to
offer 64bit support in a BSD kernel (I don't consider just the fact
that BSD4.4 has "it" to be a convincing argument though). What you did
not answer at all was the question whether it would be a big deal to
include the *option* of going for 32bit (no big deal in my eyes IMHO).
I did *not* ask to remove 64bit capabilities from .*BSD.*, I was just
asking to make it an *option*. Sorry but I can't stop getting the
impression you two feel some sort of missionary "task" to convert the
whole uncivilized world to The Right Thing, in this case a truely
POSIX compatible, 64bit OS.

-Markus
--
EUnet Switzerland   Tel:     +41 1 291 45 80	Markus Wild
Zweierstrasse 35    Hotline: +41 1 291 45 60	mw@eunet.ch