Subject: Re: Watch out for lseek and stat struct st_size fields!
To: None <mw@eunet.ch>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/14/1994 16:34:35
On Thu, 14 Jul 1994 mw@eunet.ch wrote:

> Well Rob and Chris..
>
> you both gave more or less convincing arguments why one might want to
> offer 64bit support in a BSD kernel (I don't consider just the fact
> that BSD4.4 has "it" to be a convincing argument though). What you did
> not answer at all was the question whether it would be a big deal to
> include the *option* of going for 32bit (no big deal in my eyes IMHO).
> I did *not* ask to remove 64bit capabilities from .*BSD.*, I was just
> asking to make it an *option*. Sorry but I can't stop getting the
> impression you two feel some sort of missionary "task" to convert the
> whole uncivilized world to The Right Thing, in this case a truely
> POSIX compatible, 64bit OS.

As a matter of fact "It's in there."   I'm running a .current kernel with
old 32-bit user space binaries and include files.  All you need is to
define COMPAT_09 in your kernel config file (and find a set of old
binaries and includes.)

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@btr.com
					..!{decwrl,mips,fernwood}!btr!eeh
	"Trust me, I am cognizant of what I am doing." - Hammeroid