Subject: Re: Floppy boot no longer works?
To: Niklas Hallqvist <>
From: None <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/09/1994 09:27:32
> Rob> 	OK, since updating to July 7th I can no longer do a floppy
> Rob> boot, the kernel panics with panic: pagemove 3
> I don't know but maybe you forgot to change your /dev entries on the
> floppy to match the new 4-bit partitioning scheme.  You ought to have
> the new MAKEDEV in etc/etc.amiga, or else it passwed on amiga-dev some
> days ago...
	Nope! Something much more insideous:

	The filesystem blocksize MUST match the OS pagesize or

	When I reformatted the floppys to 8k/1k programs ran just fine off
	of them.

	So, don't try to run programs off of 4k/512 formatted floppys on the
	newer kernels or your kernel will go south REAL quick. B^(. 4k/512
	still work fine as data disks.