Subject: Minimal sources for Kernal compile - Gemini II, ASDG DSB Drivers...
To: Amiga NetBSD developers <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/03/1994 14:11:45
  Hi all,

  I am curious which tar files would be the minimal required to just
re-compile the kernal.  I am running with the latest binaries, and
want to start hacking away towards the serial drivers that I am going
to need.  I first want to get a kernal compiled and running before I
attempt to play.

  I looked on the 'projects' list, and did not see anything mentioning
a serial driver for the ASDG board, or the 16550 based Gemini board
that I have.

  My guess is that there is probably sources for a PC
based 16550 serial driver that could just be 'tweaked' to run on the
motorola processor, getting the base address for the card from
Autoconfig.  I am curious if anyone has tried compiling a driver for
one of those GoldenGate cards, etc?

  Many thanks for any help!

--
 Russell McOrmond, Ottawa Ontario, Canada.  Work: Array Development
 Standard Disclaimer applies:  I didn't do it, it was an accident!