Subject: Re: grr rootfs and virgin startup
To: None <chammer@HRZ.Uni-Bielefeld.DE, billc@iceCuBE.cryogenic.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/03/1994 14:21:27
On Jul 3, 11:46am, chammer@HRZ.Uni-Bielefeld.DE wrote:
> same problem here; mount -av works but this message appears.

 Haven't had that fstab message..

> what does this funny size information mean in the fstab for the /tmp mount?

 Argl, Carsten! Looks like you haven't followed the discussion living her
for quite a time :)

> isnt the size determined by the size of the swappartition?

 It _Can_, but then funny things will happen if space is freed. That
 -s flag fixes the /tmp size to about 10MB.

> Another problem is that it seems not to be possible to mount_ados in fstab
> (when booting to multiuser mode). mount_ados /dev/sd5f /ados works.
> It seems not to be correct to write ro in fstab for ados partitions... why?

 Did work fine for me. hm

> Where has the ldconfig /usr/lib /usr/X11R5/lib to be called?

 /etc/rc

> What is the reason the latest X11R5 bins came for installing in /usr/X11R5/bin
> /usr/X11R5/lib(my previous configuration was bins in /usr/bin/X11 and libs in
> /usr/lib/X11)

 Reason? Thats default naming from MIT for X11.

--
Markus Illenseer