Subject: Re: grr rootfs and virgin startup
To: None <billc@icecube.cryogenic.com>
From: None <newsham@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/03/1994 04:34:07

> Amiga 4000 (m68040 CPU/MMU/FPU)
> real mem = 20971520 (2560 pages)
> avail mem = 18276352 (2231 pages)
> using 140 buffers containing 1146880 bytes of memory
> memory segment 0 at 08000000 size 01400000
> memory segment 1 at 0a000000 size 00400000
> memory segment 2 at 07e00000 size 00200000
> memory segment 3 at 00000000 size 00200000
>
> * Why didn't the memory segments get merged (or at least that code merged
> into the kernel source tree yet)?  If the person who did that code hasn't
> submitted the diffs to Chris, would you please do it?

I made patches to my kernel and sent diffs to chris.  Problem is the
low level code supposedly was rewritten and I'm still running a old
(.744 + mods) kernel.  Since I'm doing some devel work w/ my machine
I cant be upgrading to unstable versions all the time.  When I do finally
upgrade to -current I will re-implement the patch if no-one else has
yet.  The changes I had to make were suprisingly simple.  If anyone is
interested I can dig up a diff and mail them to you or explain what
changes I needed to make.

                                 Tim N.