Subject: Re: fsck v & Retina Z3
To: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: None <mw@eunet.ch>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/30/1994 17:34:11
> > Sidenote to Chris/Michael: did you notice I bumped up the size of the SYSPTMAP
> > for the experimental kernel? The previous size wasn't large enough to
> > accomodate for the additional (potentially large) address space required to
> > map Z3 boards. Just an idea, didn't verify with current sources.
>
>   I saw that originally, but wasn't sure if it was needed.  I was going

It is definitely needed. The Sysptmap is tied VERY closely to the
segment table. Before, there was only one segment needed to deal with
kmem space, as 16M per segment should do for normal amigas. However, if you
add support for Z3 boards, you gotta raise that value to be able to address
the extended address space provided by those boards.

> to try to analyze things, but forgot about it.  Since I didn't have any
> problems running what I normally run, I didn't think about it.  I also
> needed to see if it would affect the 68040 MMU setup to see if that
> change would still work.

You probably have to make sure that the intermediate page tables for
the '40 are built as well when creating more segments at startup, but
that's likely already working alright.

-Markus
--
CHUUG/EUnet Switzerland				Markus Wild