Subject: Re: More info on the WarpEngine SCSI problem
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Tom Hayko <tjhayko@io.org>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/30/1994 10:54:20
Yesterdat Niklas Hallqvist wrote:

> As you got errors before in ADOS, and now had had a Parity Error,
> I suggest you check your cabling and termination of your SCSI bus.
> I'm not saying this is it, but I think you ought to check it out.
> The easiest way to check is to get another cable somehow, and try
> that one.  I'm sure you know you must have terminators in both ends
> of the bus and nowhere else.  Well, the controller card are normally
> at one end and terminated by default.  Most people don't ever change
> that, so you should just need to check out your scsi slave devices.
>
> Niklas

I've changed to a new SCSI cable, and I've now been running for over
a day with no problems.  Funny this is that the cable I was using was
brand new.  Anyhow, thanks to Niklas, Michael, and Chris for their help
in getting this sorted out.

I've now got NetBSD running with one of Michael Hitch's kernels that
supports noninterlaced AGA screens, and I managed to get X11R5 working
last night.  Hats off to everyone for all the work you've done.  NetBSD
is *VERY* nice (seems pretty stable now too :).

Tom Hayko
tjhayko@io.org