Subject: Re: bin-dist/snapshot problems and ideas
To: None <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Dave Blaszyk <dvb@ssd.Kodak.Com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/27/1994 10:12:37
Finally, I have returned my A2000/IVS Vector '030 to a working state.  In using
the new kernel I have a few quick questions.

First...
When using my Exabyte tape drive and retrieving information, I get a kernel panic
that dumps me into db>.  It seems to be complaining about:

	 vfs_alloc...
	db>

I know the message and it's registers are important, but I don't have them here
at work.  I was just wondering what might be the problem, streamer not-buffered?
Something in st driver?  Anyone's guess? :-)

Second...
When booting in multi-user mode, I am unable to "access" the tape drive.  It complains
that the drive is not configured.  I must be missing something, but I will ask the
stupid question anyway.

	If I can access when I boot single-user, why can I not access it as any user?

NOTE:
	If these "novice" questions should be propogated to another group, please
	let me know, as I don't want to place too much of a burden on this
	mailing list.

-dvb-