Subject: Re: bin-dist/snapshot problems and ideas
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/27/1994 12:49:52
On Jun 27,  4:46am, Ty Sarna wrote:
> You're talking about filesystem formet. Michael is talking about the raw
> sector format for bits on the disk. Currently the fd driver only
> understands the Amiga 880K(1.17M HD) format, as far as I know, and not
> the 720K(1.4M HD) sector format that most other computers use. What
> filesytem you run on top of that is another matter. You can use MSDOSFS
> on an amiga sector format floppy, but only an Amiga could read it, so it
> would be pretty useless for exchanging floppies (which is really all
> MSDOSFS is good for... who would want 8.3 character filenames otherwise?).

 Ok, understood. Then i need sector format for 720K/1.4M for the
netbsd-amiga-floppy driver :)

 I don't have access to an Amiga in my University, but to a dozen
of PooCees. Copying stuff from disk unter NetBSD would help to
reduce the complexity of copying the stuff first under ADOS to any
ADOS-Partition and then copying it under NetBSD to the targetted
UFS partition.

 Olaf `MFS' Rhialto sure can help...

--
Markus Illenseer