Subject: Re: bin-dist/snapshot problems and ideas
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/24/1994 22:33:29
On Jun 24, 10:10am, Markus Illenseer wrote:
>  The kernel seems to have a debug-routine for printing out any swap-activity,
> quite annoying... (swinfo....)

  If the message is "swap_pager_io: wait on swbuf...", that due to a
debug flag that has been set in the kernel since around January.  If
you patch _swpagerdebug to 0, it should go away.  It only seems to show
up in low memory systems [4M really generates them].

>  I am not able to mount my cdrom with ISO-FS (cd9660). What is the correct
> handling of this? Is my CD (sitting at sd1c) mapped to cd0a ? mount reports
> a '..not supported by device' error.

  The ISO-FS is now cd9660 and is probably not configured in the distributed
kernels.

>  Also it is not possible to mount any MSDOS filesystem from any device.

  The MSDOS filesystem probably hasn't been converted to the new file system
code yet.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu