Subject: Re: bin-dist/snapshot problems and ideas
To: Markus Illenseer <>
From: Michael L. Hitch <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/24/1994 22:33:29
On Jun 24, 10:10am, Markus Illenseer wrote:
>  The kernel seems to have a debug-routine for printing out any swap-activity,
> quite annoying... (swinfo....)

  If the message is "swap_pager_io: wait on swbuf...", that due to a
debug flag that has been set in the kernel since around January.  If
you patch _swpagerdebug to 0, it should go away.  It only seems to show
up in low memory systems [4M really generates them].

>  I am not able to mount my cdrom with ISO-FS (cd9660). What is the correct
> handling of this? Is my CD (sitting at sd1c) mapped to cd0a ? mount reports
> a '..not supported by device' error.

  The ISO-FS is now cd9660 and is probably not configured in the distributed

>  Also it is not possible to mount any MSDOS filesystem from any device.

  The MSDOS filesystem probably hasn't been converted to the new file system
code yet.

Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:
Computer Consultant			BITNET:  OSYMH@MTSUNIX1.BITNET
Office of Systems and Computing Services