Subject: Re: Cannot map ld.so - New rootfs?
To: Alan Bair <abair@amcu-tx.sps.mot.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/19/1994 12:12:23
On Jun 18,  2:26pm, Alan Bair wrote:
> I also wondered about the lack of tape for most users. Trying to put the tar.gz
> files on floppies, I think, is not pracitical, due to the number of floppies
> required. If we could use the adosfs, then it should be fairly easy to just
> untar the tar.gz files right off the AmigaDOS side. In place of that, we could
> use streamtodev to place a tar.gz file on the swap partition and then untar
> it off the swap partition under NetBSD. This was a technique used in the
> earlier days of NetBSD. The swap partition should be large enough to handle
> any of the tar.gz files.

 The lack of tapes is unfortunately a sad fact. I am still seeking for a cheap
one, too :-/

 Remember that Linux was also available on Floppies in the ealier days, and
still is. The number of floppies didn't bothered the people to install
Linux. So i think it won't bother people installing NetBSD-Amiga.

 The copy-to-raw-swap-partition should be avoided, it will confuse people.

--
Markus Illenseer