Subject: Re: Cannot map ld.so - New rootfs?
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/18/1994 19:35:12
In article <9406181848.AA02009@icecube.cryogenic.com> billc@iceCuBE.cryogenic.com writes:
> Also, what are the implications now for those _without_ tape drives?  Using
> BFFS?  I've been really busy with other things, but I haven't seen anyone
> saying that they could do multivolume tar over floppies to install the tar.gz
> binaries... Has anyone done this yet?

Another (and more attarctive, IMHO) idea for those without tapes would
be to use adosfs under netbsd, though this solution might be harder to
automate for an install procedure (user would have to tell it which
partition to use and what the pathnames/filenames are).

--
Ty Sarna	     "Let's face it: without Commies, James Bond is just
tsarna@endicor.com    another horny guy with a compass watch" -- Bill Maher