Subject: Re: Cannot map ld.so - New rootfs?
To: Donn Cave <donn@u.washington.edu>
From: William J Coldwell <billc@icecube.cryogenic.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/18/1994 11:48:40
>|	Additionally, it is now possible to boot and install via floppy, I
>|	did it 2 weeks ago with 3 floppys and 1/4" tape.

>Hope this will be the way it's ordinarily distributed - 880K rootfs for
>the bootstrap floppies.  Out with the dangerous inflexible hard to update
>old 10MB rootfs.

Ok, has anyone tried something like DMS'ing these floppies for distribution?
Also, what are the implications now for those _without_ tape drives?  Using
BFFS?  I've been really busy with other things, but I haven't seen anyone
saying that they could do multivolume tar over floppies to install the tar.gz
binaries... Has anyone done this yet?

--
 William J. Coldwell - billc@iceCuBE.cryogenic.com - Cryogenic Software