Subject: Re: 940614-kernel
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/15/1994 09:22:51
On Jun 15,  4:59pm, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> ztwobus0 at mainbus0
> atzsc0 at ztwobus0 rom 0xe90000 man/pro 514/3 dmamask 0xffffff
> scsibus2 at atzsc0
>
> After that, the SCSI-lamp stays on and the systems hangs. Changing
> sopi_inhibit_sync[] in arch/amiga/dev/siop.c didn't help either. (I noticed
  ^^^^
  I don't think there is any such variable.  There is one named
siop_inhibit_sync - it's for the NCR 53c710 SIOP drivers (Zeus and WarpEngine).

  The sync inhibit for the WD/AMD 33c93 drivers (A3000, A2091, and GVP) has
been changed to sbic_inhibit_sync, and is no longer an array.  [Don't
blame me for that - I had nothing to do with it :-).  The siop_inhibit_sync
is still an array, since the majority (if not all) machines using it will
be either the WarpEngine or the Zeus and can only have one controller.]

> that scsi.c isn't used anymore... :)

  Scsi.c has been replace with sbic.c.  [Perhaps we should change the file
name of the drivers to reflect the underlying chip?  I.e. wd33c93.c,
ncr5380.c, and ncr53c710.c.]

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu