Subject: Release
To: None <amiga@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Chris Hopps <chopps@emunix.emich.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/09/1994 00:53:21
Well I have told a few people that I would be saying something
important in a few days... Here at usenix, we just announced a
release date in July 15 (or something like that...)
The important date however is:

Code freaze: 6/24

Thats the date that matters no drivers or anything further
goes in the tree after that date. (Yes when I said I needed
things RSN I mean it :)  I can't test anything here as I have
no amiga to test them on so I haven't been doing many commits
just the ones I saw that were very obvious and fixed a compilation
bug.

Anyway I will be getting back on Sunday or Monday and will
keep working diligently to get as much done as possible.

This release needs to be good, *really* good.  We all need
to kick some butt to get as much done (yet solid) by the 24

Chris.

Other things covered in the NetBSD BOF (about 110 people came):
Our kernel (see recent fs stuff) is now trully clean (i.e.
no tainted Net/2 source) becuase 4.4 has been fully integrated

User land has had the important stuff done (not fully integrated
however not needed right now)

Anyway back to the bar..