Subject: Re: New if_le.c for June sups
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/09/1994 02:38:03
In article <9406090133.AA04204@sirius.aggregate.com> rhealey@aggregate.com writes:

> 	After posting about Ty's fix to machdep.c earlier today I
> 	reliazed that the rest of you don't have my if_le.c so
> 	you still couldn't get it to work since the sup version doesn't
> 	have the new autoconfig routines. So, at the risk of being flamed
> 	for such large mail, below is a newer if_le.c that should
> 	work with the June sups + Ty's machdep.c fix.

For those who are interested, I have a port of the latest (1.12) hp300
if_le to the amiga, with amiga-related stuff pulled from Rob's driver.
It features multicast support and all the other latest goodies.  I'll be
happy to send it to anyone who wants to try it out and maybe find the
problem(s) with it.  It seems to work for light use, but locks up on
large NFS writes.  I would try to fix it, but I'm kinda burned out on
ethernet debugging right now, after pouring over Rob's and my drivers to
figure out why they weren't working at all, tracking it down to failed arp
resolves, and finally discovering that it wasn't a driver problem at
all, but machdep.c....  aiiiieeee!

Anyway, I switched back to Rob's driver for now, so I could do some
other things without fear of locking the machine. It may not be the
latest thing, but it does seem to be solid!

BTW, there is a small typo I noticed in Rob's version. Where you see:

> struct cfdriver lecd = {
> 	NULL, "le", lematch, leattach, DV_IFNET,
> 	sizeof(struct le_softc), 0};

change the last line to:

--
Ty Sarna	     "It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a
tsarna@endicor.com    reputation for subtlety" -- Salvor Hardin