Subject: Re: New kernel options, etc.
To: David Jones <>
From: William J Coldwell <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/04/1994 20:56:45
David said:
>Suggestion for our disk layout, now that we have to change: two-layer
>scheme. Use the RDB to create a "bsd" partition.  Within that partition, lay
>down a standard BSD disk label, and use the BSD label to create
>subpartitions of the BSD partition.  The disk code will know about both RDB
>and BSD labels.
>So, compatibility with Sun disks, etc.

I think there were mumblings about this already... I realize Chris has been
busy, so I haven't been asking him much about the "new" stuff.

>Is there a set of binaries compatible with the new kernels?

This is what I've been waiting for.. I'm still on an old kernel with old
binaries...  I want to make the changeover, but I don't believe we have a
real strategy for upgrading everyone yet.

>Finally, I haven't seen having much luck with SUP from sun-lamp (keeps
>retrying).  How well does mirror sun-lamp?  Well enough
>for me to SUP from there instead?

I believe that does not SUP, but carries a full sun-lamp

 William J. Coldwell - - Cryogenic Software