Subject: Re: Booting new kernels -- problems
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/04/1994 21:51:33
On Jun  4,  8:24pm, "Stephen J. Roznowski" wrote:
> I've tried to boot a GENERIC kernel that was built with 940601
> supped sources, but I get a "missing root" error. What am I
> missing (before I start digging through the source code :-)?

  I'm running a kernel from sources supped today and it boots with
no problem.  I just searched the kernel and don't see any message
about "missing root", so I don't know where that would be coming
from.  I even searched the entire source tree and don't see that
message.  Perhaps you are getting the "no suitable root" message?

  The only problem I had was compiling dev/grf_rt.c.  RETINACONSOLE
wasn't defined, so the variable rtconunit wasn't defined, but it was
referenced later.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu