Subject: New kernel options, etc.
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/04/1994 10:39:54
A few bits and pieces:

Suggestion for our disk layout, now that we have to change: two-layer scheme.
Use the RDB to create a "bsd" partition.  Within that partition, lay down
a standard BSD disk label, and use the BSD label to create subpartitions
of the BSD partition.  The disk code will know about both RDB and BSD labels.
So, compatibility with Sun disks, etc.

Is there a set of binaries compatible with the new kernels?

Finally, I haven't seen having much luck with SUP from sun-lamp (keeps
retrying).  How well does ftp.iastate.edu mirror sun-lamp?  Well enough
for me to SUP from there instead?

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
        The Toronto Free-Net... paving the information superhighway.