Subject: Re: sbic_wait TIMEO
To: None <Jarkko.Hietaniemi@hut.fi>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/03/1994 10:01:31
On Fri, 3 Jun 1994, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

> My original whining on Sat May 14 12:57:37 +0300 1994 was:
>
> dma0: A3000 32bit DMA
> scsi0: scsi id 7
> a3000scsi0 [1/1]
> scsi0: target 0 now asynchronous, period=208ns, offset=12
> sbic_wait TIMEO @1210 with asr=x0 csr=x41
> ---
> Stephen Roznowski advised me to try newer kernels.  Here are the results:
> ---
> netbsd  a3000   0427    locks up after the "scsi0: target 0 now async..." *)
> netbsd  generic -"-     1/2 time the aforementioned timeout,
>                         1/2 time it gets past this but then hits swfree panic
> netbsd  a3000   0413    locks up
> netbsd  generic -"-     1/2 the time timeout, 1/2 the time boots ok
> vmunix  generic 0325    -"-
> vmunix  generic 0305    -"-

First of all,

I can verify that this problem still occurs with the May 30 kernel, since
it is still happening to my Q40S.  It is highly non-deterministic.  I
also have inhibit_sync disabled.

Does anybody else run a Quantum drive and not have this problem?  Do you
have inhibit_sync set or cleared?

I may take a poke at this problem this weekend if I can figure out why
the blitter now keeps going wild on me. 8^)

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@btr.com
					..!{decwrl,mips,fernwood}!btr!eeh
	"Trust me, I am cognizant of what I am doing." - Hammeroid